Last year I decided I would make things easier on my husband and put together a registry of what I wanted for Mother’s Day. I started thinking about what I wanted this year and just couldn’t come up with any material things that I wanted. I suppose that either means I have everything I need and don’t have to be surprised with material gifts to be happy… or… it just means that I haven’t been shopping around enough. So I figured I better get busy and start looking around. What do you know, I ended up with a list of things anyway.
1. Kork-Ease “Ava” Wedge Sandal – Unfortunately, I am old enough to remember these very popular shoes from the 70’s. I remember going to the children’s shoe store and trying them on but I don’t think I ever bought them because of the big “wedge”. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to walk in them. Well, I’m way past that and I WANT THEM. Yes, they are kind of pricey… but who can put a price on nostalgia?
2. Cuisinart 2 QT Ice Cream Maker. – I always thought it was so much trouble to make your own ice cream, but homemade ice cream really is amazing… and there are so many things we love making at home that why not add this to the mix. No, of course I have no room to store it (since that will be David’s first question) but we’ll figure it out. Mmmm…. fresh ice cream.
3. Michael Kors Hamilton Tote Bag. Yes, it’s gorgeous. Yes, it’s expensive. Doesn’t every woman deserve a super expensive tote bag? I’m glad you agree.
4. Alfred Sung Perfume. I used to wear this perfume every single day for years. It was my signature scent. I don’t remember when I stopped wearing it… probably some time between my 2nd and 3rd child when my last bottle ran out and I figured why use perfume when I end up smelling like baby spit up anyway. I think I’m way past the baby smells and ready to go back to a grown up perfume.
5. Gift Certificate for a Mani/Pedi. Do I really need to explain this one? I didn’t think so.
Mother’s Day is a month away… get your gift registries done, ladies. You know that husbands need plenty of time to shop.