Summer is finally here and for some strange reason, my days aren’t full of beach days and book reading. Why is that? Oh right, because this Mom works and doesn’t get summer vacation. It’s definitely not easy when I’m the only one working away while the kids are sleeping late, watching TV, and trekking to the mall. I have dubbed this summer my “summer of organization.” What I mean is that I’m determined to make my life easier by organizing my house, scheduling my work better, and finally getting around to doing some easy meal planning. I’m starting with these easy chicken enchiladas.
So my days are spent working and running the kids around. Even though Temera is driving now (and that does help a LOT), I still find myself never getting home before 5 or 6 at night. I don’t have time to cook and the family is getting pretty tired of arguing about where we’re going to eat every night. We are all huge Mexican food fans and it’s one of those cuisines that is actually quite simple to throw together… especially the way I did it with this dish.
The great thing about these chicken enchiladas is that you can prep everything whenever you have some time and just assemble it all in a few minutes.
tortillas (flour or corn, depending on preference)
shredded chicken (you can crock pot it or use a ready-made rotisserie chicken)
shredded cheese blend (I used the Mexican cheese blend available at any store)
rice (I used Mexican rice, but you can use white rice or any other variety you like)
La Victoria® Mango Habanero Salsa (non-negotiable)
I had my rice and chicken all ready to go so when I get home I just need to take everything out of the fridge and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Take a baking dish and layer the rice. Place some of the chicken and cheese on a tortilla and roll it up. Place on top of the rice. When you have all your tortillas rolled up, spread the La Victoria® over the top and add some more cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
This dish took about 10 minutes to put together and another 15 minutes to cook. In less than 30 minutes I had a hot and super delicious dinner on the table that my entire family loved. The La Victoria® Mango Habanero Salsa really makes this extra special. It has the perfect blend of sweet (mango) and spicy (habanero) and adds an immense amount of flavor to the dish. I’m not even a big mango fan and I love this salsa.
LA VICTORIA® IS HAVING A “VIEW FORM MY PLATE” GIVEAWAY!
- Tag a photo or video of your latest recipe or favorite beach spot with #ViewFromMyPlate + #MangoHabaneroSalsa + @LaVictoriaBrand
- Share it on Instagram or Facebook for your chance to win a grill!
- tortillas (flour or corn)
- cooked shredded chicken (homemade or ready-made rotisserie)
- shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend)
- cooked rice (I use Mexican rice but you can use any type of rice you like)
- La Victoria® Mango Habanero Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer your rice in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place some chicken and cheese on a tortilla and roll it up.
- Place the rolled tortilla on top of the rice.
- Continue until you have a full baking dish.
- Cover all the tortillas with salsa and top with extra shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.