This has been one wild and crazy week. In case you need a review, I thought I’d give you one.
1. Whitney Houston died. Hard to believe that at 48 she is dead. We still don’t know the cause of death, but many speculate it had something to do with drugs since the singer had a long history of addiction. Regardless of how she died, it was a shock that she did. It’s always such a tragedy when someone who was so beautiful, had such an incredible voice and seemed to have it all in the palm of her hands comes crashing down.
2. Pissed off Dad video goes viral. If you haven’t seen the video of the Dad who shot up his daughter’s computer, then you might just be the only one. There is always two sides to every story, but if you have ever had a teenage daughter, you know exactly how this father was thinking. You might not have done the same thing he did, but you can certainly understand where he’s coming from.
3. J.C. Penny stands by Ellen. Although there were supposedly a million moms behind a campaign to get J.C. Penny to drop Ellen DeGeneres as their spokesperson, it was the million social media moms who lashed out about how wrong that was. Did we have anything to do with the decision? Maybe, maybe not. But… today is a “Shop-In” at J.C. Penny so we can all show our support of their decision to KEEP Ellen on board.
4. Russell Brand leaves $20 million on the table. Did any of us really think that Katy Perry and Russell Brand would stay married? Of course not, but the fact that Russell said “No, thank you” to half of Katy’s $40 million showed that the guy has at least a little class. He just went up a few notches in my book.
5. Madonna does Super Bowl. I admit, I was one of those people who poo-pooed Madonna performing at the Super Bowl. While I was a big fan once upon a time, she doesn’t do much for me now. But… I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised with the half-time show and thought she did an amazing job. M.I.A., however, needs to go crawl back under her rock.
Those are the national headlines, but my own personal headlines go something like this:
1. Temera got her ears pierced. Again.
2. We finally made airline reservations to back to New York this summer.
3. We registered Temera for Junior High which had me hyperventilating.
4. I made a kick-ass Creme Brulee as part of the SoCal Lady Bloggers Valentine’s Day Progressive Dinner.
5. I got through Week 4 of the SITS Girls 31 Day to Build a Better Blog. One more week to go.
So what was YOUR biggest headline for the past week?